Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to the bookvalu.com and Desk Jockeys Inc DBA Bookvalu and governs data collection and usage.
What we collect related to your Personal & Company Information
- Bookvalu may collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, business address and email address.
- If you purchase Bookvalu’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
- Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Bookvalu. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Bookvalu website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Bookvalu’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
Bookvalu encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Bookvalu.com so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Desk Jockeys Inc is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Bookvalu website.
How we use your Personal & Company Information
- Bookvalu collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
- Bookvalu may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Bookvalu and its affiliates.
- Bookvalu may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Bookvalu may also use your company information and data in a non-identifiable aggregate format to facilitate statistics and reporting.
- Bookvalu does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- Bookvalu will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Bookvalu or the site;
- (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Bookvalu; and,
- (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Bookvalu, or the public.
Bookvalu may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Bookvalu may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries.
All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Bookvalu, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Bookvalu may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Bookvalu, in order to determine what Bookvalu services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Bookvalu to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The Bookvalu website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Bookvalu pages, or register with Bookvalu site or services, a cookie helps Bookvalu to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Bookvalu website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Bookvalu features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Bookvalu services or websites you visit.
The Security of your Personal & Company Information
Bookvalu secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Bookvalu does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Bookvalu will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Bookvalu’s Users have control of the purpose for collecting data, and the duration for which the Personal Data may be kept.
- Users with an active account will therefore have the responsibility to delete data when required.
- When a user’s account is terminated or expired, all Personal Data collected through the platform will be deleted, as required by applicable law.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose;
- or We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Disconnecting your Bookvalu Account from Third Party Websites
You will be able to connect your Bookvalu account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR BOOKVALU ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party websites by visiting their “My Account” page. Users may also contact us via email.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Bookvalu by contacting us here:
Changes to this Statement
Bookvalu will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Bookvalu encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Bookvalu is protecting your information.
Bookvalu welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Bookvalu has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Bookvalu at: email@example.com
Data Controller & EU Representative firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of May 25th, 2018